CASA of Caroline, Inc. will advocate for the best interest of all abused and neglected children who are in the Caroline County court system through no fault of their own. As empowered by the Circuit Court of Caroline County, volunteer advocates will be trained to make assessments and recommendations to the court on behalf of these children.
“We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build the youth for our future.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Learn about ways you can help. Volunteer to help CASA!
Information on ways you can help CASA in its mission.
News & Events
See what CASA volunteers have been up to!
The CASA Story
Inspiration came to Seattle juvenile court judge David W. Soukup in 1976.
Judge Soukup had insufficient information to make a life-changing decision for a 3-year-old girl who had suffered from child abuse.
That’s where the idea came from: These children, who had experienced abuse or neglect, needed trained volunteers speaking up in the courtroom for their best interests.
It Was a
News and Events
Denton - On Wednesday, June 10, CASA of Caroline proudly welcomed three new Court-Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers who were sworn in by Circuit Court Judge Jonathan Newell. Sworn in were: Ann Anthony, Julie...
"Seeing Through the Eyes of a Child" is CASA of Caroline's signature annual fundraiser. The highlight of the event is the photos and artwork created by some of the children we serve. 2021 Date - TBA! Please check back for exact date While we had to cancel...
CASA of Caroline, The Caroline County YMCA/Mentoring Program and Caroline's Agape Project are joining together to support Pinwheels For Prevention, a campaign to promote awareness of child abuse. Pinwheels are the national symbol for the great childhoods all...
CASA in Caroline County
In 2003, over 300 cases of abuse or neglect were investigated by the Caroline County Department of Social Services.
Approximately 50 children were in foster care at the end of that year. Each child who was removed from their parents’ home was involved in a lengthy court process. A group of concerned citizens recognized the need for someone to watch out for the best interest of foster care children. Spearheaded by then Circuit Court Judge J. Owen Wise, who had seen firsthand the positive results of CASA advocacy, CASA of Caroline became operational in September 2003.
It was akin to introducing a foreign language. Most people thought any child in the juvenile court system must have done something wrong to be there. One of the first hurdles was getting people at large to accept the fact that the children CASA deals with are victims and are part of the juvenile system due to no fault of their own. It remains a hurdle to this day.
Circuit Court Judge J. Owen Wise
“Although the concept of CASA was firmly rooted in other states across the country and other counties in Maryland, its introduction to Caroline County was a challenge. “
Ways You Can Help
Make a Financial Contribution:
- Click on our "donation" link or send us a check. Monetary donations help cover the costs of recruiting and training volunteer advocates. All gifts are tax-deductible.
- Designate CASA of Caroline in your workplace giving. Don’t forget about matching funds programs and Maryland Charity Campaigns #1363. Please visit mdcharity.org to learn more.
- Honor a CASA advocate you know by making a gift in his or her honor.
- Make a planned gift through a bequest or life insurance gifts.
Become a Corporate Partner
We are looking for like-minded businesses and organizations within the community to become partners. Please visit our "Community Partners" page for more details and to see our current partners.
Make an In-Kind Donation:
- Office supplies like copy paper, file folders, etc.
- Non-perishable food and beverages to be used during trainings.
- Gift cards for gas or restaurants that our CASA's could use during their visits with their child
- Gift cards or items for the auction at our annual fundraiser.
Other Ways to Support:
- Host an event such as a car wash, bake sale, etc. to benefit CASA of Caroline.
- Shop AmazonSmile and designate CASA of Caroline as your charity of choice.
- Invite us to come present to your group, organization or workplace.
- Stay connected with us by signing up for our newsletter and e-mail updates.
Get In Touch
114 Market Street, Suite 100
Denton, MD 21629