A CASA Volunteer
What is a CASA Volunteer?
A Court-Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer, is a trained and committed adult who is appointed by a judge to represent and advocate for a child’s best interest in the Caroline County Courts. By becoming a CASA volunteer, you can help keep abused and neglected children safe and give them a chance at finding true happiness in a safe, loving and permanent home. For many of the children we serve, their CASA will be the ONE constant in an otherwise chaotic life. Watch this video to see the difference YOU can make in a child’s life.
What Are The Requirements?
In addition to caring about the well-being of children CASA volunteers MUST:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Pass a background screening
- Complete 30 hours of pre-service training
- Continue with 12 hours of annual in-service training
- Be able to commit to a child until their case has closed, or for at least one year
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of 4-6 hours per month
What does a CASA Volunteer Do?
- They get to know the child – they listen; they talk to people in the child’s life to determine what is needed for the child to heal and thrive.
- They gather information from teachers, social workers, doctors, relatives; everyone involved in the child’s daily life.
- They ensure the child is safe and up-to-date with mental and physical health check-ups.
- They work with experts and service providers to identify and recommend services at keeping families intact or returning children safely to families.
- They create supportive environments for families from all walks of life by learning from our training in cultural competency.
- They make legal reports and recommendations in the child’s best interests to judges and magistrates.
- They Change a Child’s Story™!
DONATE TO HELP CHILDREN IN FOSTER CARE IN CAROLINE COUNTY
With your financial support, CASA can continue to recruit, train and support dedicated volunteers to advocate for child victims of abuse and neglect who are too young to speak for themselves during the complicated maze of legal proceedings. Every donation TRULY makes a difference in a child's life!
Please click the "Donate" button OR send your donation to:
CASA of Caroline, Inc.
114 Market St., Suite 100
Denton, MD 21629
Community partnerships are vital to our work. They provide the resources that are essential for meeting our mission to provide a trained volunteer advocate for every child in Caroline County foster care due to abuse or neglect. We are looking for like-minded businesses and organizations who are willing to make an annual commitment to CASA of Caroline and the children of our community. Please click here to view our Partnership Program Brochure To learn more about becoming a CASA of Caroline Community Partner, please call Amy at 410-479-8301 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a Financial Contribution:
Become a Community Partner
We believe strong communities build strong families. Community Partners make a commitment to the children of Caroline County by providing us with financial support as well as the opportunity to meet and connect with folks who are interested in taking our training course and becoming the person who makes a real difference in a foster care child's life. Partnership Program Brochure
Make an In-Kind Donation:
- Office supplies like copy paper, file folders, etc.
- Non-perishable food and beverages to be used during trainings.
- Gift cards for gas or restaurants that our CASA's could use during their visits with their child
- Gift cards or items for the auction at our annual fundraiser.
Other Ways to Support:
- Host an event such as a car wash, bake sale, etc. to benefit CASA of Caroline.
- Shop AmazonSmile and designate CASA of Caroline as your charity of choice.
- Invite us to come present to your group, organization or workplace.
- Stay connected with us by signing up for our newsletter and e-mail updates.
Get In Touch
114 Market Street, Suite 100
Denton, MD 21629